1. The 'Court of Art' refers to the?
A. Mysterious Ogunjokoro of the old Oyo
B. Ethnographic Museum of Benin
C. Bayajjida Legend
D. Oduduwa legend
2. Nok culture began in communities in?
A. South Africa
B. Ancient Egypt
D. Ancient Nubian civilization
4. The terracotta figurines are associated with?
A. Nok culture
B. Benin artworks
C. Ife artworks
D. Imo Eleru
5. The main source of information about intergroup relations in the forest belts of Africa
between 1500 and 1800 were the?
A. Christian missionaries
B. Muslim clerics
C. Fulani herdsmen
D. Bambara of Segu
6. The most legendary fighter against colonial imperialism was?
A. King Dosumu of Lagos
B. Samori Toure of Mandinka
C. Basorun Ga of Oyo
D. King Behanzin of Dahomey
7. The greatest influence on Uthman dan Fodio was?
A. Shaikh Jibril Umar
B. King Nafata
C. King Yunfa
D. Muhammad Bello
8. The 1914 amalgamation of southern and northern territories was aimed at?
A. Creating an enlarged and dynamic Nigeria
B. Satisfying Lugard's yearning for power
C. Consolidating Britain's economic and political gains
D. Laying the foundation of Nigerian Civil it War
9. Midwest region was created in?
10. The president of Nigeria in the first republic was.?
A. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
B. Alhaji Tafawa Balewa
C. Alhaji Ahmadu Bello
D. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
11. The first Military Head of State was?
A. Major General Yakubu Gowon
B. Major General Aguiyi-Ironsi
C. Major General Murtala Mohammed
D. Major General Olusegun Obasanjo
12. The first military coup in Nigeria took place in ____.
A. January 1966
B. January 1967
C. January 1968
D. January 1970
13. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) was founded in?
14. The use of fire began in the?
A. Acheulian culture
B. Sangoan culture
C. Lupemban culture
D. Nok culture
15. Climatic factor played an important role in the pattern of____.
D. none of the above
16. By the 17th century, the leading centre of trade and Islamic learning in Hausa land was
17. Oyo Mesi, the kingmakers in the Oyo empire consisted of?
A. 10 councellors
B. 12 councellors
C. 7 councellors
D. 5 councellors
18. The first Fulani hostilities in l3ornu against Sokoto Caliphate began in ____.
19. Despite the collapse of the Oyo Empire, a new Oyo Kingdom was created by?
20 The second phase imposition of British rule in Eastern provinces began with ____.
21. The first female senator in Nigeria was?
A. Franca Afegbua
13. Ita Giwa
C. Laila Dogonyaro
D. lyabo Bello-Obasanjo
22. The main opposition party in the second republic was ____.
23. The terracotta figurines of Nok were replicated in iron smelting sites of?
24. Ife artworks were made of ____.
25. Jukun power in the 16th century extended
A. Idoma and Ebira
B. Igala and Birom
C. Ebira and Ijebu
D. Nupe and Ilorin
26. The founder of the prominent trading town of Opobo was?
A. Mungo Park
B. Nana of Itsekiri
D. Oko Jumbo
27. In 1886, the various European trading firms on the Niger combined to form the?
A. Royal Niger Company
B. British trading company
C. European trading company
D. Niger Delta trading company
28. Aro traders controlled the markets of
A. Onitsha and Asaha
B. Bonny and Calabar
C. Bende and Uzuakoli
D. Benin and Enugu
29. The 1894 conflict between the British and Nana of Itshekiri resulted in?
A. Benin massacre
B. Warri invasion
C. Ebrohimi expedition
D. Trade treaties
30. Oba of Lagos who ceded power to the British in 1861 was?
31. The Nupe forces maintained superiority over the allied forces of Ijumu, Akoko and
Iyagba until the intervention in 1897 of?
A. Oyo forces
B. Royal Niger company constabulary
C. Benin army
D. Sokoto forces
32. The biggest security challenge in Nigeria today is?
A. fuel shortage
C. Boko Haram insurgency
D. armed robbery
33. During the Atlantic slave trade, Elmina was
A. An important military centre
B. Salt making centre
C. An important trading centre
D. A centre for Islamic learning
34. The emergence of the Igbo society prior to the 19th century was facilitated by?
A. internal squabbles
B. the dips society
C. a diversified economy based on agriculture, hunting and long-distance trade
D. the Bassa invasion
35. Tsoede was the putative founder of?
A. Idoma kingdom
B. Igalla kingdom
C. Nupe kingdom
D. Jukun empire
36. The Almoravid Movement played a role in the fall of?
A. Mossi kingdom
B. Mali empire
C. ancient Ghana
D. Songhai empire
37. Portuguese missionaries accompanied Oba Esigie of Benin to
A. Idah war 1515-1516
B. Pay homage to the Emir of Kano
C. Withdraw Benin forces from Lagos
D. Subdue Asaba
38. The conquest of part of Bonlu Empire by the Sokoto Jihadists led to the establishment
of the emirate of?
39. The Justice Oputa Panel in Nigeria was to address cases of ___.
A. Human right abuses
B. Corruption in the public service
D. Abuse of office
40. The 12-state structure in Nigeria was created by?
A. Tafawa Balewa
B. Yukubu Gowon
C. Murtala Mohammed
D. Ibrahim Babangida