2. In the cell nucleus, certain threads which determine the development of future characteristics are called
A. No salt can reach the leaves from the roots
B. diseases kill the plants
C food and water drains out of the plant
D. Photosynthetic products cannot reach the roots
4. An epiphyte is ___.
A. an animal which lives on plants
B. a plant which Jives on animals
C. a plant which grows en living organism
D. a plant which grows on walls
5. The main vein which returns blood from the brain to the heart in animals is ___.
A. portal vein
B. renal vein
C. jugular vein
D. pulmonary vein
6. The eye defect that occurs when the eyeball is short is called ___.
7. The type of enzyme that digests carbohydrates is called ___.
8. The blood group which can receive all other blood groups is ___.
A. Group AB
B. Group B
C. Group A
D. Group 0
9. The secondary host of tapeworm is ___.
10. Animals active at daytime are called ___.
11. Conjugation in paramecium is for ___.
A. binary fission
B. sexual reproduction
C. asexual reproduction
12. In sexual reproduction, male and female gametes fused in the process known as ___.
D. none of the above
13. Osmo-regulation in Euglena occurs with the help of ___.
13. food vacuole
C. contractile vacuole
D. none of the above
14. If blood does not clot. this could be due to lack of ___.
A. vitamin B
B. vitamin E
C. vitamin K
D. vitamin C
15. Fungal infection in the skin is called ___.
A. systemic mycoses
B. superficial psychoses
C. intermediate mycoses
D. superficial mycoses
16. Which of the following, blood cells typically increase in numbers during an active infection?
17. DNA differs from RNA in that DNA has ___.
A. Two strands
C. One strand
18. All except one of the following are characteristics of enzymes ___.
A. speed up a reaction
B. catalyse reaction
C. arc protein molecules
D. are carbohydrate molecules
19. The group of bacteria that do not have cell walls are the ___.
20. Lactose and sucrose are examples of ___.
21. Biological molecules made by covalently bending amino acids are called .
C. Nucleic acids
22. Which of the following is not the final product of aerobic respiration?
A. CO2, SO2 and Energy
B. CO2, NO2 and Energy
C. COHO2O6 , O2 and Energy
D. CO2, H20 and Energy
23. Which type of lens is used to correct myopia?
A. Convex lens
B. Concave lens
C. Bio concave lens
D. Bi convex lens
24. The longest and largest bone in the human body is ___.
A. Spinal cord
25. The number of chromosomes in the human gene is ___.
26. Deficiency of 'thyamine is ___.
27. Excess of at in the body is stored in ___.
A. Adipose tissue
D. Bone marrow
28. Inflammation of lymph vessels and lymph glands results in a disease known as ___.
29. The PH value of human blood is ___.
30. The cytoplasm of some animal cells contains numerous small or large.sizecl.
hollow-Idled structures called ___.
31. The protein cover of a virus is called ___.
D. bacterial wall
32. The hormone responsible for emergency action is ___.
33. Examples of competitors are ___.
A. Lizard and Mouse
B, Snake and Lizard
C. Grasshopper and Mouse.
D. Rabbit and Snake
34. The community of plants in which the same species occur from year to year is the ___.
A. annual species
B. pioneer vegetation
C. perennial species
D. climax vegetation
35. The most common means of transmitting the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is ___.
A. from mother to child
B. through blood transmission
C. through sexual intercourse
D. through sharing of needles
36. Plants tend to prevent overcrowding by means of efficient ___.
A. water uptake
B. seed germination
D. seed disposal
37. The mode of nutrition exhibited by a tapeworm is ___.
38. The organ located within the duodenal loop in the mammal is the ___.
D. gall bladder
39. In which of the following groups of fruits is the pericarp inseparable from the seed coat
40. Tissue respiration is important for the ___.
A. absorption of oxygen into the alveoli
B. release of carbon (IV) oxide into the lungs
C. release of energy for body use
D. exhalation of carbon (IV) oxide from the lungs