1. Which of these Nigerian Kings opposed the European trade monopoly?
A. Attah of Igala
B. Jaja of Opobo
C. Obi of Onitsha
D. Shehu of Borno
2. Among the Nigerian Armed Forces, the second to be established was __.
A. The Nigerian Navy
B. The Nigerian Air Force
C. The Nigerian Army
D. All of the Above
3. In which year did the Federal Government of Nigeria first declare a State of Emergency in response to Boko Haram insurgency in the North East?
4. Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi is best remembered for ___. ?
A. Designing the National Flag
B. Writing the lyrics of the National Anthem
C. None of the Above
D. Building the National Theatre
5. The Capital of Western region was __.
6. In the Bayajida legend, who killed the mysterious snake preventing people from fetching water from a well is ?
B. Queen of Daura
D. Sarkin Yarki
7. Which of these countries played a leading role in the formation of ECOWAS?
A. Nigeria and Togo
B. Gambia and Senegal
C. Liberia and Sierra-Leone
D. Ghana and Cape-Verde
8. Which of these states was not among the Banza bakwai?
C. All of the Above
9. A major impact of the Trans-Saharan Trade on Nigeria was the introduction of __.
A. Monetary Economy
B. Finished European Goods
C. Slave Trade and Slavery
10. The idea of the Christian missions in the 19th century was represented by the Bible and __
11. During the Stone Age, the instruments used by man were mainly?
A. Bow, Arrow, and Iron
B. Stone, Iron and Chalk
C. Wood, Stone and Bone
D. Iron, Wood and Stone
12. The Capital of Northern region was ___.
13. On the ____, Nigeria became a Republic.
A. 1st October, 1961
B. 1st October, 1960
C. 1st October, 1963
D. 1st October, 1962
14. General Yakubu Gowon created 12-State structure on ___.
A. May 27th, 1965
B. May 27th, 1967
C. May 27th, 1964
D. May 12th, 1963
15. Who was the British Officer that succeeded Lord Lugard as Governor General?
A. Sir Robert Brown
B. Mr Stevenson
C. None of the above
D. Sir Hugh Clifford
16. The Capital of Eastern Region was __.
17. The ''Court of Art" refers to the ___.
A. Ethno-graphic museum of Benin
B. Mysterious Ogunjokoro of the Old Oyo
C. Oduduwa Legend
D. Bayajida Legend
18. Warfare in Pre-Colonial Africa was essentially motivated by ___.
A. Desire to train the Army
B. Acquisition of more territory
C. Personal interests of leaders
D. Desire to spread ideology
19. Jukun Power in the 16th Century extended to :
A. Igala and Birom
B. Nupe and Ilorin
C. Idoma and Ebira
D. Ebira and Ijebu
20. Civilization in Africa started in ___.
21. The symbol of FESTAC 77 was a ___.
A. Nok art
B. Benin art
C. Diama art
D. Igbo ijkwu art
22. Man's earliest technology was based on___.
23. The Fulani Jihad of Uthman Dan fodio broke out in ___.
24. The cardinal point of the colonial economy was based on ___.
A. Cash crop production
C. Developing Technology
D. Leather works
25. The Yom Koppur War is otherwise known as the ___.
A. The 1973 war
B. 1948 war
C. The six-day war
D. 1956 war
26. The Trans-Sahara trade route was associated with ___.
A. Palm produce
27. The following describes the concept “Scramble" except __.
A. Struggle for colonies
B. Diplomatic struggle to secure colonies
C. Physical Search to secure territories
D. Search to develop colonies
28. The first governor impeached in Nigeria was during the ___.
A. Third republic
B. Military regime
C. Second republic
D. First republic
29. The process of state formation involved ___.
A. The use of non-ferrous weapons
C. The use of hired warriors
D. The use of cavalry
30. The last ruler of the Ogiso dynasty in the Benin Empire was Oba ___.
31. The science that reconstruct the past through materials remains in __.
32. The kingdom of Benin had diplomatic relations with ___.
33. Which of the following played the greatest role in the British conquest of Nigeria?
A. The John Holt Company
B. The Church Missionary Society
C. The Roman Catholic Mission
D. The Royal Niger Company
34. Economic Community of West Africa State (ECOWAS) was formed on ___.
A. 28th June, 1975
B. 28th May, 1975
C. 18th May, 1876
D. 21st April, 1976
35. The protectorate of Sounthern Nigeria was proclaimed in ___.
36. In the Asante Empire the Golden stool symbolized ___.
37. The Nigerian who took over from the British colonial authority as the first GOC was___.
A. Brigadier Maimalari
B. Major-General JTU Aguiyi Ironsi
C. Brigadier Femi Ogundipe
D. Major-General Muhammadu Buhari
38. The NYSC Scheme was created by __?
A. Y. Gowon
B. O. Obasanjo
C. O. Ojukwu
39. The Nri Civilization flourished among the ___.
40. The Nigerian Armed Forces contributed troops for Peace Support Operation in these countries except ___.