1. Which of these is a textural classification of soils?
A. Rounded, irregular and flat
B. Angular, Prismatic and Columnar
C. Rounded, Pebbles and silt
D. Angular, Sand and clay
E. Sand, Loamy and clay
2. The main composition of coal is
3. The circulation of ocean currents is
A. Clockwise both in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern
B. Anticlockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere
C. Anticlockwise both in the northern and southern hemisphere
D. Clockwise in both northern and southern hemisphere
E. Clockwise in the northern hemisphere and anti-clockwise in the southern hemisphere
4. Which of the following lakes owes its origin mainly to faulting __.
A. Lake Victoria
B. Lake Malawi
C. Lake Superior
D. lake Kariba
E. Lake Chad
5. What is the approximate height of the location marked x?
A. 375 metres
B. 395 metres
C. 360 metres
D. 380 metres
E. 390 metres
6. What is the average gradient of the slope marked G-H?
C. 1: 38
7. Name the features crossed by the footpath between points Y and Z.
E. Dry Valley
8. The length of the main road to the nearest kilometre is __.
A. 14 Kilometres
B. 20 Kilometres
C. 7 Kilometres
D. 10 Kilometres
E. 12 Kilometres.
9. What is the size, in square kilometres of the area covered by the map?
10. Which one of the following ports occupies the best natural site in West Africa?
11. Which of the following towns is NOT a pre-colonial town?
12. Nigeria is the world's leading producer of __.
B. Palm Kernel
13. What is the length to the nearest kilometre of the mainstream that is into the Laka Lagoon?
A. 4 kilometres
B. 8 Kilometres
C. 6 Kilometres
D. 12 Kilometres
E. 10 Kilometres
14. The elevated feature that runs westwards from the cape near mito to the western edge of the map is __.
A. A Spur
C. A Hill
D. A ridge
E. A Cuesta
15. The true bearing of the trigonometrical station 54.0m from the peak of Bedi Hill is
16. The appropriate geographical term for that narrow feature, east of Ela Lagoon along which a footpath runs is __.
E. Beach Sand
17. What is the approximate height of Manko above the sea level?
18. The above diagram shows the position of the Earth in relation to the sun on June 21st. The earth's axis is inclined from the vertical at an angle of __.
19. The Ocean currents marked X and Y are the __.
A. Cold Sahara Current and cold Namibian current
B. Cool canaries current and cool Benguela current
C. Warm Canaries current and cool Mozambique current
D. Warm canaries current and warm Benguela current
E. Warm Gulf stream and warm Humbolt current.
20. What type of climate is experienced in the region 'P' shaded on the map?
A. Cool temperature Western Margin
B. Tropical Continental
D. Tropical Monsoon
E. Tropical Marine.
21 The above diagram on which the contours are in metres shows a __.
C. Block mountain
E. Volcanic cone
22. The leading wheat producing region of the world is the __.
A. Veldt of South Africa
B. Downs of Australia
C. Prairie of North America
D. Pampas of Argentina
E. The Asian Tiger.
23. From a point, the whole circle bearing of a line is 135°, A clockwise angle from the line was measured to be 260° to another line. What is the whole circle bearing of the later line?
24. The port that specializes in receiving and re-exporting goods is known as __.
B. International port
C. Sea port
25. Agricultural productivity is low in Tropical Africa because of __.
A. Poor Soil and unfavourable climate
B. Low demand and lack of credit facilities
C. A sparse population and shortage of labour
D. low technology and land fragmentation
E. Bad weather condition.
26. The area served by a given city is referred to as its __.
B. Sphere of influence
27. International agreements in the fishing industry are necessary in order to protect whale and seal from __.
A. Sea Piracy
B. Sea accident
D. Stock extinction
28. The Scientist who propounded the theory of continental drift was __.
A. Francis Bacon
B. William Davis
C. Alfred Wegener
D. Arthur Holmes
E. Thomas Mathus
29. The most common tree in the desert is the __.
D. African walnut
30. The sex ratio of any population may be affected by __.
31 The rocks of the basement complex are generally referred to as __.
A. Sedimentary formation
B. Volcanic rocks
C. Younger granites
D. Older granites
E. Fold mountain
32. The rock with the least carbon content is __.
33. One of the steel rolling mills in Nigeria is located at __.
D. Ovwian - Aladja
34. The proportion of the earth's surface occupied by oceans is approximately
35. The highest category of rural settlement is the __.
36. Which of the following minerals is produced in the Niger Republic?
B. Crude oil
D. Tin and Columbite
37. The carbon cycle is more prevalent in the __.
38. Which of the following is a type of Iron ore?
E. Tin and Zinc
39. The type of drainage is __.
40. The Nigerian river with the longest distance of internal waterways is __.
A. Cross River
B. River Benue
C. River Osun
D. River Niger
E. River Ogun