PAPER TYPE: D
1. Which Question Paper Type of Geography is given to you?
A. Type D
B. Type I
C. Type B
D. Type U
Use the map of Jodo N.E below to answer question 2 to 5.
2. The likely occupation of the people in the area is ___.
A. market gardening
C. mineral mining
3. River Yoo flows towards the ___.
4. The bearing of Jodo from Joyo is ___.
5. If the map is enlarged twice, the new scale would be ___.
A. 1: 50 000
B. 1: 100 000
C. 1: 125 000
D. 1: 250 000
Use the diagram below to answer question 6 and 7
6. The annual range of temperature of Delhi is ___.
7. The climate can be described as ___.
A. equatorial climate
B. tropical monsoon climate
C. tropical marine climate
D. equatorial monsoon climate
8. The principle of a closed traverse is that ___.
A. the compass is read at each point in turn and as a check, back bearings are taken
B. the compass is read and forward bearings are taken
C. the compass is read at each point and plotted as a check
D. the compass is read at each point and turned back at each point
9. The equatorial circumference of the earth is ___.
A. 20 084 km
B. 30 084 km
C. 40 084 km
D. 60 084 km
10. Which of the following rocks if suitable for the construction of roads and building purposes?
11. Mountains formed as a result of compressional forces are known as ___.
A. Block Mountains
B. Fold Mountains
C. Residual Mountains
D. Volcanic Mountains
12. The features marked X is ___.
A. a waterfall
B. a plunge pool
C. an eroded debris
D. a bedrock
13. The feature marked Q is ___.
A. parent material
B. soft rock
C. hard rock
D. erratic rock
14. The Mediterranean Sea has higher salinity than the oceans because ___.
A. the surrounding soils are salty
B. there is low rainfall in the region
C. the area has high temperature
D. of dead animal fossils
15. Sun-dial is used for recording the ___.
A. amount of sunshine in a place
B. duration of sunshine in a place
C. position of the sun in a place
D. intensity of sunshine within a period of time
16. The actual amount of water vapour present in the air which is expressed in grams per cubic
metre is ___.
B. actual humidity
C. relative humidity
D. absolute humidity
17. Pine, fir, larch and spruce are commonly found in ___.
A. deciduous forest
B. equatorial forest
C. coniferous forest
D. mangrove forest
18. The major components of soil are ___.
A. organic matter, texture, structure and air
B. texture, organic matter, water and air
C. water, air, mineral and organic matter
D. water, texture, nutrients and mineral
19. Soil forming process in the hot, humid tropics where rainfall and temperatures are high
throughout the year is known as ___.
20. An example of an atmospheric resource is ___.
21. Igneous rocks are differentiated from sedimentary rocks by their ___.
A. appearance and origin
B. shape and size
C. density and appearance
D. area and density
22. The massive removal of tree and forest cover without replacement is referred to as ___.
C. bush clearing
D. bush burning
23. The total population of a country can be obtained from its ___.
A. sample survey
B. birth rate
C. birth and death rates
D. National Census
24. The most significant way the components of an ecosystem can be identified is that, there must
be a degree of ___.
A. reciprocal inter-relationship existing among them
B. independent inter-relationship existing among them
25. The major factor that affected the growth of the population of Africa during the pre-colonial
times is ___.
A. inter-tribal wars
D. natural hazards
26. Which of the following terms relates population size to land?
27. The problems of unemployment, housing, traffic congestion and environment degradation are
associated with ___.
D. political disturbances
28. Rural settlements are important to urban centres because they provide ___.
29. Settlements that develop along communication routes are likely to be ___.
30. The greatest advantage of road transportation over other modes is that the former is ___.
B. more flexible
C. less risky
31. The best breeds of dairy cattle can be found in ___.
A. South America
32. The greatest benefit of mixed farming is that ___.
A. it is very cheap to practice
B. the animals produce the manure for crop production
C. it combines the advantage of crop and animal husbandry
D. the animals feed from crop farming
33. Which of the following is the busiest and most important world shipping route?
A. The South Atlantic route
B. The Cape route
C. The North Atlantic route
D. The Panama Canal route
34. Which of the following groups of countries is a major producer of rubber?
A. Malaysia, Liberia and Indonesia.
B. Indonesia, Malaysia and Zimbabwe.
C. Malaysia, Niger and Liberia.
D. South Africa, Liberia and China.
35. The greatest industrial areas of the world are ___.
A. Africa and the Caribbean
B. The Ruhr industrial region and South Africa
C. Western Europe and the United States of America
D. Japan and Australia
36. The Obudu Plateau is noted for its ___.
A. tsetse fly infestation
B. hot climate
C. cattle ranch
37. Livestock rearing in Nigeria is still predominantly the occupation of ___.
A. smallholder farmers
B. sedentary rearers
C. large-scale farmers
D. nomadic herders
38. Which of the following has the highest concentration of industries in Nigeria?
39. The location of cement industry in Ewekoro, Nigeria is largely influenced by ___.
A. nearness to source of water
B. adequate transportation facilities
C. nearness to raw materials
D. government policy
Use the diagram below to answer question 40 and 41.
40. The soil type found in the area marked S is ___.
A. sandy soil
B. laterite soil
C. alluvial soil
D. loamy soil
41. The area marked T is rich in ___.
C. iron ore
42. Which of the following winds is responsible for the dry season in Nigeria?
A. Tropical maritime air mass
B. Tropical continental air mass
C. Equatorial easterlies
Use the map below to answer question 43 and 44.
43. The area marked K represents what type of vegetation?
B. Tropical rainforest
D. Warm temperate forest
44. The area marked Y is known as ___.
A. shifting cultivation
B. intensive subsistence
C. hunting and fishing
D. nomadic herding
45. Which of the following groups is known for nomadic grazing?
A. The Masai of Kenya
B. The Akans of Ghana
C. Hausas of Nigeria
D. The Arabs of Algeria
46. Which of the following countries has gold as its major foreign exchange earner?
D. South Africa
47. Which of the following is the largest country in West Africa?
Use the map below to answer question 48 and 49.
48. The area marked P is ___.
49. The area marked Q is best known for mining of ___.
50. Which of the following rivers is an inland drainage?
A. River Hadejia
B. River Nile
C. River Senegal
D. River Volta