PAPER TYPE: D
1. Which Geography paper type is given to you?
A. Type A
B. Type B
C. Type C
D. Type D
Use the map below to answer question 2 to 5.
2. The feature marked M-N is a ___.
A. Dissected plateau
D. Conical hill
3. The likely economic activity of the area is ___.
4. The drainage pattern on River Kuku is ___.
5. What is the direction of Gado from Pev?
A. North east
C. South east
D. North west
6. On a topographical map, a number of inverted-V contours pointing up slope up slope indicate a?
Use the diagram below to answer questions 7 and 8.
7. what is the percentage of carbon monoxide in the atmosphere?
8. The least of all the pollutants in the atmosphere is ___.
B. nitrogen oxides
D. sulphur oxides
9. Which of the following items may not be necessary for a chain survey?
B. Gunter's chain
C. Ranging pole
D. Prismatic compass
10. Rocks can be classified into three major groups according to their?
A. age and appearance
B. origin and appearance
C. age and origin
D. origin and colour
11. An example of a calcareous rock is?
12. The main composition of coal is?
Use the diagram below to answer questions 13 and 14.
13. The feature marked F-F is the ___.
A. thrust fault
B. normal fault
C. reverse fault
D. tear fault
14. The force that is primarily responsible for this type of process is ___.
15. A prominent erosional landform of wind action is a?
A. a seif
16. The column of ocean water moving from a low to a high latitude is described as a?
A. cold ocean current
B. warm ocean current
C. costal tidal wave
D. cool ocean current
17. When the temperature at sea level is 10°C, what is the temperature of the air at a height of 2000 metres above sea level?
18. When there is a remarkable difference between the data taken from the dry bulb and the wet bulb thermometer, it implies that?
A. there is little water vapour in the air
B. there is great cloudiness
C. the atmosphere is stable
D. evaporation is no longer taking place
19. Iroko, Mahogany and Obeche trees are associated with?
A. Mediterranean woodland
B. Temperate coniferous
C. Tropical rainforest
D. Tropical savanna
20. The zone which is rich in iron, aluminium, magnesium and clay substances is the?
21. Which of the following is a component of soil?
22. An example of a non-renewable resources is?
C. solar radiation
D. solid mineral
23. The main components of the land ecosystem are?
A. lithosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere
B. vegetation, soil lithosphere and oceans
C. hydrosphere, atmosphere, plants and animals
D. river basin, biosphere, mountains and atmosphere
24. An effect of global warming is?
A. rise in the volume of ocean waters
B. increase in atmospheric pressure
C. reduction in greenhouse emission
D. increase in cyclonic activities
25. If the population of an area is 690 million and the land area is 300 000 km2, the population density is approximately?
A. 230 persons per km2
B. 240 persons per km2
C. 210 persons per km2
D. 220 persons per km2
26. Migrant-receiving regions tend to be characterized by?
A. high per capita income
B. the predominance of females
C. low per capita income
D. equal sex ratio
27. The most important impact of migration on population is?
A. redistribution of the population
B. even distribution of the population
C. environmental distribution of the pollution
D. environmental pollution
28. The actual physical place a settlement occupies is known as?
29. A town that is situated where two rivers meet is a?
A. coastal town
B. nodal town
C. bridge town
D. confluence town
30. A settlement where social amenities are easily provided to the community is?
A. squatter settlement
B. dispersed settlement
C. linear settlement
D. nucleated settlement
31. The growth of an industry largely depends on the size of the?
C. raw materials
32. Economic production is entirely based on?
A. raw materials
33. The rise of Japan as an industrial nation owes much to?
A. her large population
B. the relentless efforts of her government
C. the abundance of energy
D. the cordial relationship with her neighbours
34. In developing countries, the most inhibiting factor for industrialization is?
A. multicultural economy
B. monocultural economy
D. diversified economy
35. What is the shortest trade route linking Asia and Europe?
A. The Panama Canal route
B. The trans-Pacific route
C. Suez Canal route
D. The Cape route
36. In advanced countries of the world, a greater percentage of the working population is engaged in?
A. tertiary activities
B. primary and secondary tertiary activities
C. primary and tertiary activities
D. secondary and tertiary activities
37. One of the leading industrial nations of the world ranking second in manufacturing output after the USA is?
38. Which of the following best explains the reason for the decrease in the practice of bush fallowing in Nigeria?
A. Mechanized agricultural outputs
B. The availability of agricultural inputs
C. Rapid growth of population
D. Lack of interest in crop production
39. A greater percentage of the population in Nigeria are engaged in?
A. public service
B. commercial farming
D. subsistence farming
40. The population of Nigeria is estimated at?
A. 124 million people
B. 96 million people
C. 162 million people
D. 140 million people
41. Which of the following regions of Nigeria has heights of up to 1500 m above sea level?
A. North Central Highland
B. Western Highland
C. Sokoto Plains
D. Eastern Scarp land
42. The intra-city movement of passengers in most Nigerian towns is largely by?
B. service buses
43. Which of the following is a major problem affecting the development of the Southern coast-lands of Nigeria?
A. poor soil fertility
B. Oil pollution and spillage
C. Ocean tides
D. Hilly terrain of the area
44. An irrigation project in Nigeria devoted to sugarcane production cultivation is?
45. Which of the following factors mostly accounts for high population density in West Africa cities?
A. Efficient transportation
B. Concentration of industries
C. Social amenities
D. Administrative capital
46. In the equatorial region, most rainfall results from?
A. conventional effect
B. orographical effect
C. harmattan winds
D. cyclonic effect
47. Which of the following is a major mineral resource found in South Africa?
B. Natural gas
48. What is the major crop grown in the shaded area?
49. The river marked X is ___.
A. River Volta
B. River Sassandra
C. River Senegal
D. River Gambia
50. The highlands that provide the sources of River Niger are?
A. Plateau of Southern Mali and North Central Plateau of Nigeria
B. Futa Djalon and Guinea Highlands
C. Adamawa Highlands and Plateau of Southern Mali
D. Mandara Mountains and Plateau