Use the chart below and answer question 1 and 2.
1. If the total population of the city is 500,000 what is the population of ward 4?
2. An alternative graphic method that can be used to depict the same information is the
A. Divided rectangle
C. Dot man
D. Proportional circle
3. The area covered by the map is approximately __.
4. The bearing of Jata from Adaba is approximately__.
5. Intervisibility is a possibility between the points marked X and y because the intervening slope is __.
D. Steep slope
6. The landform feature at the centre of the map can best be described as __.
A. A flood plain
B. An erosional
C. An outwash plain
D. A deltaic plain
E. Depositional plain
7. Given that the area shown on the map is in Northern Nigeria, which of the following crop combinations would best be cultivated in the area that is liable to flooding __.
A. Banana, rice and cassava
B. Cassava, rice and yarn
C. Sugarcane, rice and cassava
D. Sugarcane, rice and bananas
E. Cassava bean, and cocoyam.
8. How were the major mountain belts of the world produced?
A. By weathering
B. By wind erosion
C. By folding
D. By river deposition
E. By glacial erosion
9. Along which latitude will be the day time be longest on Christmas day?
10. What is the commodity associated with OPEC?
B. Iron and Steel
C. Vegetable oil
D. Mineral oil
11. Which of the following rocks is composed of the skeletons of microscopic sea plants and animals?
12. Dodoma is to Tanzania as __is to Nigeria
D. Port Harcourt
Study the table below which shows the means climatic conditions of station Q and answer question 13 and 14.
13. The annual temperature range at the station is __.
14. What type of climate has the station?
A. Cool temperate
B. Warm temperate
D. Cold temperate
E. Equatorial Grassland.
15. Which of the following countries has the least potential JEW for the production of steel?
16. In which of the following countries is cotton growing under irrigation the mainstay of the agricultural economy?
Use the map below to answer question 17 and 18
17. The most important minerals found in the area marked X are __.
A. Lead and Zinc
B. Tin and columbite
C. Galena and Tantalite
D. Iron ore and thorium
E. Crude oil.
18.The major environmental problems associated with the area marked Y is __.
A. insect pest
B. Gully erosion
C. Oil pollution
19. The most extensive vegetation type in the area marked Z is the __.
A. mangrove swamp
B. Coastal thicket
C. Freshwater swamp
D. Guinea savanna
E. Rain forest
20. A broad - based population pyramid is composed mainly of __.
A. Active inhabitants
B. Old dependants
C. Young dependants
D. More females than males
E. More males than females.
21.Fluid, basic lava flow is likely to give rise to a volcanic __.
B. saddle reef
22.In which of the following rock types is petroleum mainly found?
23.One basic mineral that is common to Sokoto, Ewekoro, Calabar and Nkalagu is __.
D. Iron - Ore
24.Lakes Kivu and Malawi are related in that they __.
A. Lie in the Northern Hemisphere
B. Are crater lakes
C. Attract a large number of tourists
D. Are rift valley lakes
E. Artificial in nature
25.The feature marked X in the diagram is a __.
26.The feature is one of the landforms associated with __.
A. River erosion
B. Wind deposition
C. Wave erosion
D. River deposition
E. Wind deflation
27.If the distance between two places on a map is 2cm while the distance on land is 4km, the scale of the map is __.
28.Soil conservation can be achieved through __.
E. Market Garden.
29.The oldest system of agriculture in Nigeria which now survives only in very remote areas is __.
A. Bush fallowing
B. Mixed farming
C. Shifting cultivation
D. Market gardening
E. Mechanized farming.
30.Which of these hazards would most likely result directly from deforestation?
A. Soil erosion
B. mass wasting
D. Water pollution
31.The dominant foreign exchange earner of Senegal is __.
32.British foreign investments are concentrated in __.
A. EU countries
B. Commonwealth countries
C. Developed countries
D. Commonwealth countries
E. African Unity
33.The two most important factors which account for the pattern of population distribution in West Africa are __.
A. Economic prosperity and regional migration
B. Economic prosperity and favourable physical conditions
C. Favourable physical conditions and human inertia
D. Historical antecedence and regional migration
34.A desert country which has a high population density supported by irrigation is __.
35.The greatest volcanic regions of Africa are found in __.
A. The Maghrib
B. Kenya and Tanzania
C. The Camerouns
D. Sudan and Ethiopia
36.A type of landforms that is associated with large scale orogeny is a __.
A. Fold mountain
B. Residual mountain
C. Block mountain
D. Volcanic mountain.
E. OX-bow lake
37.If the time in New York (75°W) is 5.00pm the time in Nigeria (15°E) will be __.
38.One of the leading industrial nations of the world ranking second in manufacturing output after the USA is __.
39.An instrument used for setting out right angle in surveying a parcel of land is __.
A. A measuring, rod
B. Abney level
C. A ranging pole
E. An optical square.
40.The lack of access to food in some parts of the world emanates from __.
A. Educational inequality
B. Poor transport system
C. Economic inequality
D. Low development of natural resources
E. Lack of manpower