PAPER TYPE: F
1. Which question type of geography is given to you?
A. Type F
B. Type E
C. Type L
D. Type S
Use the map of ATE to answer question 2 to 5.
2. If the scale of the map is enlarged four times, the new scale will be __.
A. 1: 12 500
B. 1: 25 000
C. 1: 100 000
D. 1: 200 000
3. The area marked F—E is __.
A. an inselberg
B. a cliff
C. a valley
D. a spur.
4. The highest point on the map is __.
5. The likely occupation of the inhabitants of Ate is __.
Use the diagram below to answer question 6 and 7.
6. The total groundnut export from 2000 to 2003 is?
A. 1500 metric tonnes
B. 1700 metric tonnes
C. 1400 metric tonnes
D. 1800 metric tonnes
7. The total export in 2002 is?
A. 800 metric tonnes
B. 1200 metric tonnes
C. 1000 metric tonnes
D. 11000 metric tonnes
8. In chain surveying, the basic principle is to measure?
9. Which of these planets completes its orbit in a much shorter space of time?
10. Shale is a fire-textured sedimentary rocks formed principally from the particles of?
11. Organic sedimentary rocks formed from the?
A. solution of subsects
B. result of pressure from underlying rocks
C. remain of living organisms
D. vegetative matters
12. The intrusive landform produced when magma is cooled within the earth surface is?
13. Which of the following is an agent of denudation?
14. Which of the following rocks is characterized by layer formation and strata?
15. Which of the following seas has the highest salinity?
B. Mediterranean Sea
C. Baltic Sea
D. Red Sea
16. Some lakes are seasonal due to their location in?
A. hot deserts
B. humid areas
C. high altitudes
D. cool temperate margin
17. Which of the following is an element of weather?
18. A line drawn on a map to show places of equal temperature is known as?
19. The term used to describe the vegetation type of the Amazon Basin is?
20. The major factors which determines the rate of infiltration of water into the sub-soils is?
B. rainfall intensity
C. nature of rocks
D. nature of slope
21. The level of development of the soil profile is determined by?
C. parent material
D. organic matter
22. Volcanoes are considered natural resources because the provide?
B. mountainous landscape
C. fertile soil
D. carbon dioxide
23. Which of the following is a component of a biotic community?
24. The type of coal that burns with great heat and very little smoke is?
C. steam coal
25. The most serious environment effect posed by hazardous wastes is __.
A. contamination of groundwater
B. destruction of habitat
C. air pollution
D. increase use for land to landfills
26. Which of the following indices is a measure of development?
A. Total population
B. Population density
C. Life density
D. Types of building
27. The growth rate of population is determined by?
A. improved agriculture
B. number of deaths per 1000
C. birth and death rates
D. technological know-how
28. A populated problem faced by some developed countries today is?
A. very slow replacement rate
C. high death rates
D. high dependency ratio
29. Which of the following is a favourable condition for settlement site?
A. Dense natural vegetation
B. Marshy fadama area
C. Adequate water supply
D. Mountainous ratio
30. Which of the following countries is perennial irrigation extensively practised?
C. The Sudan
31. Dispersed rural settlements are most likely to be found in areas with?
A. limited agriculture land and poor surface drainage
B. Abundant agriculture land and good surface drainage
C. a large agriculture population and restricted access
D. a small agricultural population and poor surface drainage
32. Dairy farming is an example of intensive farming commonly practised in?
33. As a country develops a smaller percentage of the workforce tend to be employed in?
34. Developing countries mostly engage in primary economic activities because of?
35. High annual rainfall of at least 1520 mm, well distributed throughout the year with the heaviest during growing season is most suitable for the production of?
36. The main factor influencing the location of manufacturing industries in West Africa is?
A. good transportation network
B. rapid population growth
C. adequate physical development
D. nearness to raw materials
37. An agricultural practice that allows a wide range of crops to be grown without fallowing is?
A. shifting cultivation
B. crop rotation
C. mixed cropping
D. intensive cultivation
38. Arable farming and animal husbandry widely practised in Britain and many parts of Europe is referred to as?
A. mixed farming
B. crop farming
C. orchard farming
D. pastoral farming
Use the map below to answer question 39 and 40.
39. The area marked P is __.
A. Udi Plateau
B. Oban Hills
C. Western Uplands
D. Obudu Plateau
40. The area marked N is over __.
41. The type of vegetation found on the Mambila Plateau is?
A. guinea savanna
B. Sudan savanna
C. high forest
42. Which of the following best explains the reason for the decrease in the practice of bush fallowing in Nigeria?
A. Mechanized farming
B. The availability of agricultural inputs
C. Rapid growth of population
D. Lack of interest in crop production
43. Secondary economic activities are those that involve the?
A. packaging of finished goods
B. distribution of raw materials
C. distribution of finished goods
D. processing of raw materials
44. The reason for seasonal migration of nomadic herdsmen is?
A. for the search of water and good grazing
B. because of the inability of government to provide shelter
C. to search for a safe environment
D. due to high rainfall in some regions
45. The main industry associated with the Ruhr Valley region is?
A. iron and steel
B. oil refining
C. food manufacturing
D. ship building
46. Which of the following factors influenced the growth of the Ruhr Valley?
A. Soil fertility
B. Good climate
47. The largest producer of timber in Africa is?
C. Cote'D Ivoire
D. South Africa
48. The relatively low level of rail transport development in tropical Africa has?
A. encouraged the development of airports
B. reduced government expenditure on transportation
C. placed undue pressure on roads
D. increased the rate of migration from the sea
49. The high population density in the Nile Valley is as a result of?
A. industrial growth in the valley
B. multipurpose dams to support the growing population
C. multiple transportation development
D. shaduf irrigation
50. Which of the following population characteristics is the best related to African countries?
A. Low birth rate and low death rate
B. High birth rate and low death rate
C. Low death rate and high death rate
D. High death rate and high death rate