1. The tenure of an elected chairman of local government is determined by the __.
A. Federal Executive Council
B. National Union of Local Government Employees
C. National Assembly
D. State House of Assembly
2. The 1976 Reforms made the local government the __.
A. Second-tier of government
B. first-tier of government
C. fourth-tier of government
D. Third-tier of government
3. Decision making in the traditional lgbo political system was conferred on the basis of __.
4. The political party that originated from Jamiyyar Mutanem Arewa was
5. A major consequence of colonialism on Nigeria is __.
A. Economic dependence
B. the attainment of equal status with Europe
C. suppression of state structures
D. The up-liftment of its image
6. The judiciary contributes to the development of constitutions through __.
A. Judicial review
B. historical records
D. Acts of parliament
7. The upper house of the legislature is responsible for the __.
A. Assent to bill
B. signing of treaties
C. approval declaration
D. Passage of appropriation bill
8. Which of the following political parties contested the 1993 Presidential Election?
A. NRC and SDP
B. AD and APP
C. UNCP and NDP
D. PRP and DPP
9. A mode of production in which the resources of a community are pooled together for the general well-being of the people is called __.
10. Which of these international organizations was Nigeria a founding member?
B. The Commonwealth
11. Nigeria's role in ECOWAS was significant in dispute resolution in __.
C. the Gambia
12. An example of the civil right of a citizen is the right to __.
A. be voted for
B. property and justice
C. peaceful assembly
13. In the judicial parlance, writ means __.
A. Restraining order
B. prohibitive order
C. acquitting order
D. Sentencing order
14. Public corporations are controlled by the legislature through __.
A. Daily monitoring of their activities
B. discipline of staff
C. approval of their annual budgets
D. Recruitment of staff
15. One of the reasons for the adoption of Africa as the centre piece of Nigeria's foreign policy is to __.
A. Encourage rivalry in Africa
B. monopolize African economies
C. protect her domestic environment
D. Challenge the major powers
16. Elective principle was first introduced in Nigeria by the __.
A. Lyttleton Constitution
B. Richards Constitution
C. Clifford Constitution
17. The type of pressure group that champions the interest and the right of the under privileged is known as the __.
A. Professional pressure groups
B. promotional interest groups
C. economic interest groups
D. Educational pressure groups
18. A major innovation of the 1979 Constitution was the __.
A. Increase in constitutional power of elected officials
B. creation of more state
C. prohibition of cross-carpeting
D. Introduction of presidential system
19. The organ of the AU that prepares for the meeting of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government is the __.
A. Commission of Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration
B. African Parliament
C. Council of Ministers
D. General Secretariat
20. One of the features of a fascist government is that __.
A. Political power is decentralized
B. it gives room for opposition
C. the state defines the rights of individuals
D. Sovereignty is identified with landed property
21. Promotion and discipline of civil servants is the responsibility of the __.
A. Federal Character Commission
B. Ministry of Labour
C. Civil Service Commission
D. Public Complaints Commission
22. Under the unitary arrangement, the centre is vested with __.
A. Limited power over the constituent units
B. equal power with the constituent units
C. insignificant power
D. Absolute power
23. Which of these international organizations is Nigeria a member majorly because of her economic interest?
24. Abolition of civil liberty is an attribute of __.
A. Presidential government
B. parliamentary government
C. military government
D. Republic government
25. One of the agencies introduced by the military to promote national interest was the __.
A. National Youth Service Corps
B. Directorate of Mass Mobilization for Social and Economic Reconstruction
C. Directorate of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructure
D. National Directorate for Employment
26. One of the main objectives of OPEC is to __.
A. Assist multinational companies to monopolize market
B. protect the interest of multinational companies
C. stabilize the income of developing nations
D. Fix and allocate production to member nations
27. Nigeria's foreign relation with Britain was strained during the Buhari Regime because __.
A. Britain tested atomic bomb in the Sahara-desert
B. Britain refused to recognize the regime
C. Nigeria refused to export crude oil to Britain
D. Nigeria wanted to forcefully extradite Alhaji Umar Dikko from Britain
28. The Babangida Regime differed from Buhari Regime because in the former regime __.
A. Governors were assisted by commissioners
B. ministers executed government policies
C. governors were members of the National Council of State
D. The post of Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff was created
29. A feature of the presidential system is that __.
A. The president has an indefinite term of office
B. there is a separate election for the executive and the legislature
C. the president is a member of the legislature
D. The cabinet is collectively accountable to the legislature
30. The Chairman of the Federal Character Commission is appointed by the __.
A. Secretary to the Government of the Federation
B. National Assembly
C. Minister of Labour and Productivity
31. A form of government in which the sovereign power to rule is vested in a small number of people considered as the best qualified to rule is __.
32. One of the major shortcomings of ECOWAS is __.
A. Expansion of the market
B. Trade liberalization
C. curbing smuggling
D. Fostering of unity
33. The party that formed a coalition with the NPC in the First Republic was __.
34. Personal authority is synonymous with __.
A. Charismatic authority
B. instruments; authority
C. sacred authority
D. Legal authority
35. The administrative system used by the British in her colonies was __.
A. Indignant system
B. direct rule
C. indirect rule
D. Policy of assimilation
36. An electoral system in which a candidate with the highest number of votes in a constituency is declared winner is __.
A. Alternative vote system
B. second ballot system
C. absolute majority system
D. Simple majority system
37. Which of the following belongs to the administrative cadre in the civil service?
A. Executive Officers
C. Medical Director
D. Deputy Director
38. Aristocracy is described as a form of government in which __.
A. Popular citizens rule
B. the clergy rules
C. few citizens rule
D. Best citizens rule
39. The head of the Old Oyo Empire was the __.
40. The Babangida Regime re-established diplomatic ties with __.
41. The remote cause of the Action Group Crisis of 1962 was the __.
A. Fear of domination
B. abolition of federalism
C. personality clash among its leaders
D. Issue of self-government
42. Fixed tenure of office is associated with the __.
A. Parliamentary system
B. monarchical system
C. republican system
43. Which of the following was a Revenue Allocation Commission?
A. Udoji Commission
B. Raisman Commission
C. Aboyade Commission
D. Williams Commission
44. Election can be used to measure the effectiveness of __.
A. Pressure groups
B. political propaganda
C. political opinion
D. Public opinion
45. A feature of communalism is that __.
A. Ownership of land is vested in the community
B. a landowner can employ landless men
C. landless men have no privileges as citizens
D. Sovereignty is identified with landed property
46. In the Hausa pre-colonial system, the officer in charge of fishing activities was the __.
A. Sarkin Noma
B. Sarkin Dogarai
C. Sarkin Ruwa
D. Sarkin Pawa
47. The social and Cultural Affairs Commission is a specializes agency of the __.
48. Which of the following assists the president in the formulation of foreign policies?
A. Ministry of Foreign Affair
B. Ministry of Interior
C. Ministry of Defence
D. Ministry of justice
49. Rule by divine right is a basis of __.
A. Absolute monarchy
B. representative democracy
C. the republican system
D. the feudal system
50. An important ingredient of the civil service is __.